Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Composting Delight

The weather has been so amazing throughout Novemeber that it has been a real slap in the face to be getting normal temps under 10 degrees. It's the first of December and I had better come to grips with reality.

Our facilities manager donated this beautiful composter. Let the games begin worms!



















I dug up some Lamb's Ear and Irises from the High School garden last week. This week, 2 very keen girls ask me what they could do to help and I told them to plant those items. They were so amazed as I handed them the bare rooted plants and shovels. I sent them out with a few instructions and hoped for the best. They did an amazing job and I heard later that they told other teachers that, "Miss Jennie trusted them to do all the work by themselves with dangerous tools".















The promise of SPRING!












Our Pre-Kinder Teachers donated some gorgeous old pots they were no longer using. Heavy as the dickens.




No comments:

Post a Comment